You’ve been feeling financially lazy to spend almost a fortune on expensive and premium hair care products that promise to deliver luscious locks yet fail to deliver? Well, don’t fret about this! We have curated three amazing DIY hair care products from the comfort of your home that not only work marvellous for your hair but also save you a fortune.
3 Wonderful DIY Hair Care Products that Can Save You a Fortune
1. Avocado and Banana Hair Mask
Have you been relying on a hair mask to nourish your mane all this while? Well, you should definitely be trying this DIY banana and avocado hair mask at home to gain extravagant results. These two ingredients are great for profusely nourishing the hair and scalp to deliver unbelievable results. With avocado rich in healthy vitamins and fats, this hair mask can penetrate deep into the hair shaft to evenly strengthen and moisturize the hair locks. On the contrary, banana is power packed with wholesome vitamins and minerals that further helps the scalp to soothe and prevent hair breakage.
To prepare this hair mask at home, the ingredients needed:
- 1 ripe banana and avocado
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut / onion oil
How to prepare:
- Take a small bowl, and mash the banana and avocado until they have formed a smooth paste.
- Now add onion or coconut oil and honey to the bowl and mix it well.
- Evenly apply this prepared mask to your hair while focusing more on the ends.
- Now cover your hair with a shower cap to let the mask stay intact for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse this mask with warm water and mild shampoo as usual.
You can experience your hair turned into silky, soft, and nourished. It is the ideal hair mask for those who have damaged or dry hair, as it’s excellent to fuel nourishment and hydration.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
Apple cider vinegar has an amazing natural astringent that aids to remove product build up while rebalancing the scalp’s pH level. According to experts, such a rinse is perfect to treat flaky scalps and oily hair.
To prepare this hair rinse at home, the ingredients needed:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- A few drops of essential oil (optional)
How to prepare:
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water in a small bowl and add a few drops of essential oil according to your choice.
- Once you’ve completed your hair shampooing ritual, pour this mixture on the scalp and hair.
- Let this rinse sit for a few minutes and then give a good rinse with normal water.
You can experience your hair appearing to be refreshingly clean, and balanced. It is the perfect rinse for all those who don’t wish to introduce their hair and scalp to harsh chemicals and synthetic fragrances.
3. Onion hair oil
Onion is one of the top-rated hair care ingredients that have a superior ability to boost the scalp and hair. Onion hair oil is super rich in sulphur, antioxidants, and other vital nutrients that help the ingredient to penetrate through the hair shaft to evenly moisturize and protect the locks. It is the ideal way to treat dry, damaged, and dull hair.
To prepare this onion hair oil at home, the ingredients needed:
- Raw onion
- Essential oil (carrier oil)
How to prepare:
- Blend the onion in a blender to make a fine paste.
- Extract the juice and simultaneously heat the pan and add some carrier oil.
- Add the extracted juice and onions to this carrier oil and keep stirring.
- Let the ingredients simmer and oil remains in the pan before turning off the flame.
- Once the oil in the pan cools down, strain it to separate the oil and use it directly on your hair.
With regular use of this onion hair oil, you can feel your hair shiny, soft, and heavily moisturized. Onions are excellent to reverse hair damage when used in the long run.