Do you eat rice regularly but throw the starch away? You are ideally throwing your hair care therapy away. Yes, the starchy white water which you usually throw after soaking your rice in it actually has a result-driven potential to boost the quality of hair while nourishing the tresses. Consuming the leftover starch of the rice is not pleasant, but using it for your hair can show some excellent effects. It is the ancient traditional technique of Japanese ladies to achieve healthy, strong, and long hair.
All the credit goes to inositol (a nutrient) found in the rice water rich in antioxidant that stimulates hair growth. Regular use of rice water in your hair care routine helps in conditioning dry hair, promoting elasticity while reducing dullness.
Benefits of Rice Water for Hair
- It is enriched with the goodness of hair care essential vitamins and minerals, and rice water aids in repairing and rejuvenating the texture of the hair.
- The sulphur-oozing amino acids found in rice water nourish the hair cell while improving elasticity and strengthening hair follicles.
- With constant use of rice water, you can get frizz-free hair.
- Hair suffers from environmental damage, and antioxidants found in rice water help protect your hair by reversing the damage.
- Rice water can gradually reduce the signs of premature greying due to its ability to regenerate new cells.
- The high nutritional value of rice water makes strands healthy while nourishing the scalp with essential vitamins B, E, zinc, fiber, and magnesium. Moreover, it can be used for treating chemically damaged hair to reverse the effects of damage.
- It excellently treats rough hair and split ends with utmost hydration.
- Those with itchy and dry scalps can use rice water for hair to soothe the scalp and wash away irritants.
Amazing Ways to use Rice Water for Hair
Rinse with rice water
Following the traditional way of using rice water for hair can still do wonders. Use the fermented rice water for an excellent result. After you have cleansed your hair with a mild shampoo, use this fermented rice water to pour down your scalp. Let the solution stay for 10 minutes, and rinse it off with water.
Use rice water-infused products
Those experiencing brittle and dry hair should refrain from using rice water solution directly on the hair. Instead, you can blend this solution with your mild shampoo and conditioner to achieve an optimum result.
Prepare a rice water mask for your hair
You can create your own hair mask by infusing the blend of cooked rice and your choice of oil. Prepare a fine creamy paste and apply directly to your hair and scalp for at least 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with mild shampoo and water after application to reveal shiny and nourished hair inside and out.
Pro Tip: Try using Follikesh – a premium hair care range of products to complete your daily hair care routine. Experience the goodness of naturally formulated, genuine hair care products that suits all hair types. To know more about what’s in store for you, browse the website!